Quantcast

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Really Want to Read but Don't Own Yet

I've decided to jump on board with Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week the topic is: books I'm dying to read but don't actually own.


I'm going to limit it to books that are out already - there are WAY too many in the wish list otherwise.

1. A Simple Plan by Scott Smith - Smith was praised by no less that Stephen King himself when this book released. I've read (and loved) The Ruins so there's no real reason for me not to have bought this one yet except that I have so many others to get to in my TBR right now. 

2. Blueeyedboy by Joanne Harris - I adore Harris's work but this is one of her few titles yet to be released here in the States. It is available through Book Depository but I haven't gotten around to ordering it yet. 

3. Crackpot Palace by Jeffrey Ford - his The Shadow Year was completely brilliant, so of course Ford's short story collection is in my must have list. 

4. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke - I've heard nothing but great things about this book and have had it on my wish list since it released. Now there's a second one out that I need to add to the list as well!

5. The Osiris Ritual by George Mann - there are now four books in this series out with a fifth one coming. I've read the first book in this series and really quite enjoyed it. I just haven't bought this follow up yet. 

6. Blythewood by Carol Goodman - I've not yet read Goodman's titles as Juliet Dark but I do love her work as Carol Goodman. This one is her first teen outing and I've so far heard very little about it. It's probably in my next round of book buying :)

7. The Elementals by Michael McDowell - this one was highly recommended by another author I read. I recently found out that it was reprinted and is available once again. Yay! Another one that'll be in the next batch I buy. 

8. Hollow City by Ransom Riggs - this falls under the I-don't-know-why-I-don't-have-this-yet header! I loved Miss Peregrine's and had Hollow City added to the wish list before I'd even finished the first one. And yet, I don't have it!

9. Motherless Child by Glen Hirshberg - ok, so the reason I don't have MOST of these is just that I haven't bought them yet. I've tried to make myself a deal - I'll buy more when I finish a large enough chunk of the current TBR. 

10. Visions by Kelley Armstrong - I haven't read the first in this series yet but I already know I want to buy this latest as soon as I can. 

2 comments:

Jen | Book Den said...

My list would look quite similar to this one! Although I do have Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea on the shelf still totally unread. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes to Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea!!!