Quantcast

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Pre-Pub Book Buzz: Cemetery Girl by David Bell

I love to see what authors are reading and am very prone to picking up their recs on a regular basis. Course, I pick up recs from all over the place, but there are some authors out there who definitely share my taste in books and have turned me on to things I would have probably missed otherwise. I have to thank Doug Clegg for this one, it was his mention that popped up on facebook and caught my attention. Cemetery Girl by David Bell is due out officially on October 4.

Here's a bit about the book from the author's website:

Tom and Abby Stuart had everything: a perfect marriage, successful careers, and a beautiful twelve-year-old daughter, Caitlin. Then one day Caitlin vanished without a trace. For a while they grasped at every false hope and followed every empty lead, but the tragedy ended up changing their lives, overwhelming them with guilt and dread, and shattering their marriage.

Four years later, Caitlin is found alive—dirty and disheveled yet preternaturally calm. She won’t discuss where she was or what happened. Then the police arrest a suspect connected to the disappearance, but Caitlin refuses to testify, leaving the Stuarts with a choice: Let the man who may be responsible for destroying their lives walk away, or take matters into their own hands. And when Tom decides to try to uncover the truth for himself, he finds that nothing that has happened yet can prepare him for what he is about to discover.

And this one comes with blurbs from the likes of Lisa Unger, Will Lavender, and Jonathan Maberry, amongst others. I have to say, I can't wait to dive into this one! I snagged a copy for review and will keep you posted. As an aside, Bell is hosting a really awesome giveaway on his site: a free ereader to one winner each week and all you have to do is preorder the book. Dets on his site, but if you decide to take my rec for it, preorder and maybe you'll win!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I trust you and I went to his site and then headed over to B&N and ordered the book this evening along with two other books that were just added to the WWBL:
WELL OF SORROWS - Benjamin Tate and THE SKEWED THRONE - Joshua Palmatier (one and the same dude), so will have some more books coming in this coming week....I emailed David to get entered into the contest, too. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Thanks for the cranium's up.

Becky LeJeune said...

Yay, Vickie! Crossing fingers you win!