Quantcast

Friday, February 26, 2010

A TV Post

I have this obsession with BBC. Yeah, it's an obsession. I pay more for my cable package (more than I can currently afford that is) so that I can have BBCA and watch all of my lovely BBC shows that I adore so much.

I know I've talked about it here before -- Doctor Who (returning in April folks!), Torchwood (series four in the works but no air dates so far), Top Gear (only the most fabulous car show ever! Yes, I'm a girl and I watch THIS car show -- you have to see it to believe it.), the list just goes on and on.

Lately, I've been watching the two newest additions to BBCA (we get choice picks from BBC in case you have never watched):

The Inbetweeners is a raunchy and hilarious comedy about a group of teenage boys, amazingly played by a group of mid-twenty-something men and they do it fabulously. It airs on Wednesdays and I've been watching without fail. I mean this show is fall out of your chair funny! You really have to see it to believe it.

The other is Survivors, a sci-fi show that airs on Saturday evenings and that I look forward to all week. In the show, a flu-like virus has wiped out most of the population. A handful of survivors has banded together and are trying to survive. It's cool. I mean really cool. Nevermind the fact that I love postapocalyptic plots like nothing else, this show is COOL! And I can't decide who my favorite survivor is. Abby would be the best choice, but Tom (Max Beesly) and Greg (Patterson Joseph -- from The Beach and Neverwhere) are tied for tops so far. They're both bad boys, sort of. Tom is definitely the antihero but Greg is showing some serious bad boy potential. The biggest thing is that you really don't know much about these characters so far. Tom was in prison and Greg just shows up in a Land Rover laden with supplies. The others have various back stories, but we're really just meeting them all and with the world ending, they can all reinvent themselves as they please. Which, of course, adds another dynamic to the show that I love.

Anyway, I thought I'd share. I missed Inbetweeners this week and was watching on OnDemand last night so it was fresh on my mind this morning. And the latest episode of Survivors is just one day away!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Survivors ROCKS!! I love BBC, especially on Saturday night. Graham Norton comes on after Survivors or Demons (I miss that show already) and I am a happy camper....Not a loyal follower of Dr Who, but I do love that show, too. I couldn't tell you which season was which or which Doctor came when, but it's all good and good entertainment.
Give me BBC America, SyFy, USA and some Fox (for Bones) I'm fine....

Vickie said...

Now I am almost hooked on Top Gear, dagnabbit! Watched it today for a few hours. DH is a fan as well.