Quantcast

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I am a Geek!

I really am. Really. In real life, I could totally benefit from a preview and delete like on my blog.

I just got home from the Lori Armstrong signing in Longmont. It was fun. There weren't many people there, so I'm sure the author remembers clunky me, but it was fun. The signing was hosted by High Crimes whose owner, Cynthia, who can sometimes be best described as my dealer (yeah, I need my regular book fix and even being broke can't really stop me for long -- I've only got two books on order right now, but I keep hoping for a lotto win so I can get more). And I got to meet fellow blogger Vickie, whose blog I hit every morning before I start my day.

As a total book junkie, I love it when authors I read come to town. They're totally my celebrities. But, awkward social person that I am, I either don't say anything or I walk away wondering why I bothered to open my mouth.

Yeah, I'm one of those. Too late now. Either way, I went. I added one to the crowd. And I bought a book for my friend (I'll send it to you in MD, Jen!).

Lori's touring for her latest mystery, -- first in a new series, I should add -- No Mercy, which I blogged about last week. It's a great read that's definitely left me wanting more, so I'll be moving on to her Julie Collins series shortly. From what I hear, Julie is a hot-headed girl who shoots tequila and cusses. Sounds like my kind of PI! I've got two of the five books in the series already, so I'm set for a couple of days at least : )

And for romance fans, Lori Armstrong also writes as Lorilei James. These are erotic westerns, readers. Very different from her Lori Armstrong books. In fact, the Lorilei James website comes with an under 18 warning! Yowza!

Anyway. I'm glad that Lori made the trip out to Colorado for her tour. And I'm super glad that Cynthia hosted a stop. Lori's in Wyoming tomorrow, so if you're in the area be sure to check out her appearances page for all of the details. And support your favorite authors and local bookstores by attending a signing! Even if you make an ass of yourself like I do.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Thank you!

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you had fun.

Vickie said...

Becky: It was super cool meeting you. Is it okay if I post our F2F pic?
Cynthia told me that C J Box will be here in May. I will be there. I have to read one of his books first. My dad digs him.

Vickie said...

And you weren't the geek, I was! I spazzed. You were very poised.

Becky LeJeune said...

Vickie, I don't mind if you post the pic.

I've read Box's latest, but none of the series. I really liked Three Weeks To Say Goodbye. Read it in one sitting.

Lori Armstrong said...

Becky,

You were not clunky, nor a geek and I am so happy you came to the event :)

You too, Vickie!

Becky LeJeune said...

Aw, thanks, Lori! When you spend most of your time inside with the computer, the social stuff starts to become something of a novelty.

Vickie said...

Thanks Becky! Off to post!

Lori: It was way cool to meet you! Thank you for making the trek to our area. BLOOD TIES is up next on the nightstand.