Quantcast

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Another Small Press You Should Know About

I love small presses. I love big ones, too, but everyone knows about them. I love it when a new small press comes around that publishes quality stuff that I can recommend to readers. Medallion Press is just one of those presses. They started up while I was still working at the bookstore and I remember coming across the occasional little logo while shelving, but it wasn't until this year that I really started reading them (shame on me). 

A few months back, I read and reviewed Running Scared by Cheryl Norman. It was a lighter romantic suspense, but still very edge-of-your-seat reading. 

Last month, I read Institutional Memory by Gary Frank, an original horror that I zipped through in one night. (Reviews for both Running Scared and Institutional Memory can be found in the bookbitch review archives.)

Last night, I began a book called KLLRS by Phil Bowie, third in a series that has been praised by the likes of Lee Child and Stephen Coonts. I read the first 100 pages late last evening (early this morning) and can't wait to get back to it. 

These are just a few examples of Medallion's fiction selection. They publish just about all genres: Sci Fi, Horror, Romance (Suspense, Paranormal, Contemporary, and Historical), Mainstream and Historical Fiction, Thrillers and Mystery, and Fantasy. I can tell you from the few that I have read thus far that they publish great, quality works by some great authors that everyone should try.

Plus, Medallion has just added a new line of illustrated romance, and they've signed with the ever popular Heather Graham to do the next. Shannon Drake has even signed with the company and has a new book hitting shelves in 2010. 

So, check them out, watch for the logo on shelves when you're shopping, and happy reading!

No comments: