Quantcast

Sunday, August 10, 2008

New Releases 8/12

Some of the new titles hitting shelves this week are:

The Mercedes Coffin by Faye Kellerman - latest in the Peter Decker/Rina Lazarus series. I've started it, but didn't finish in time for this week's reviews. So far, it's living up to my high expectations. It's about a cold case that is reopened after 15 years when a new similar murder occurs. I'll keep you posted!

It's a Crime by Jacqueline Carey - who knew there were two? This is not the Kushiel Carey, but another Jacqueline Carey.

Everything Under the Sky by Matilde Asensi - author of The Last Cato, another Da Vinci Code-like thriller with a historical based puzzle. I haven't read Everything just yet but did enjoy Cato.

Takeover by Lisa Black - a new forensic mystery with lots of police procedural traits. Entertaining by not very different just yet.

Tethered by Amy MacKinnon - a dark and moody thriller along the lines of Sharp Objects by Jillian Flynn. Really liked this one.

Bitten to Death by Jennifer Rardin - 4th in the urban fantasy/espionage Jaz Parks series

New on DVD: 
Smart People

New reviews at Bookbitch.com:
Tethered
Takeover
Bitten to Death
I'm Watching You by Mary Burton

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

thanks for the weekly release update

Anonymous said...

I've got "I'm Watching You" by Mary Burton in my TBR pile. Can't wait to get to it.