Quantcast

Thursday, March 27, 2008

It's Been a Marathon Reading Week

It's been a crazy busy week for me what with all the books I have to review. See, I haven't quite made it to the point where most publishers will just send me stuff (one of the perks of being a well-known and recognized reviewer). Nope, I have to request most of the titles that I am interested in, and they may or may not come. So, when I do get them, I have to review them. Good thing is that since I pick them, I usually like them. It's pretty rare that I get a real clunker. Trying to get my name out there, you know.

So far this week I have read Heather Graham's slightly paranormal romantic thriller The Death Dealer, Scott Sigler's sci-fi horror gross-out The Infected, the magic shoes chick-lit romance collection These Boots Were Made for Stomping, the amazingly fantastic and utterly infectious Rogue by Rachel Vincent, and the new historical novel Bound by Sally Gunning (something of a follow-up to Widow's War).

This morning I started reading Empress by Karen Miller. I loved her Kingmaker, Kingbreaker duo, The Innocent Mage and The Awakened Mage and I hope this one moves fast 'cause I need to get my review done tonight, yikes! I also have Mittelmark and Newman's How Not to Write a Novel. And, I have real work to do on top of that.

Yep, it's been a busy, busy week, but you'll hear no complaints from me. I mean, I've finished 6 books in as many days. How freaking cool is that, even if my sleep is suffering! I have to say, they've all been pretty damn good, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Becky! I didn't know you had your own blog.

You go!